Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Lost & Found


This is the first page where I poured my complete heart out about the twins' early birth. The poem is one which goes around in the Preemie Parenting community, and I believe only a mother could really comprehend what it means. Even my husband looked at me and said "I don't get it." He's a preemie father, but I believe that only a mother could fully understand the grief and guilt associated with delivering a baby so early. Anywho, without further ado....

the tag on the inside of the envelope (made so quickly with the templates I bought on my Archiver's excursion) reads:
A basket of flowers is in the place of a baby, and a fake smile is plastered on my face. The paragraph on this page is totally representative of having a baby so very premature. There will always be the guilty feeling that I somehow failed you both by not being able to carry you to term. The "what-ifs" are too much to bear. My heart was so guarded as I left the hospital--my mind tricked into thinking that this wasn't that bad and that you were going to be fine. The NICU taught me that there are no guarantees of anything in this life and that we have been so incredibly blessed to be able to bring you home. I hope that your terrifying entrance into this world is the hardest thing for you in life and that the rest is smooth sailing. I love you both so very much! Love, Mom 4-15-06

OK, nuts and bolts. Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With a View; Cardstock: Leaving Prints and the kind you get in bulk at Michael's (haha); Envelope template: Westrim Crafts

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I love it! And I especially liked what you wrote! I too had to trick myself into believing that the circumstances were normal. Im sure you as I did cried and cried when you got home!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Lovely! I have to agree that leaving the twins in the hospital was one of the hardest days of my life.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh hun *sniff* such heartfelt words, and a fab layout!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home